IT System Administrator
We are looking for a IT system administrator to provide first and second level support and to assist the Head of IT in his duties.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also be able to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, and manage virtual servers
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Perform regular backup operations
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3 years system and network administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery