The PSA Certified 2022 Security Report
Over 1000 Industry Leaders Agree 2022 will be Critical for IoT Security. Learn more about the role Security will play in business in 2022.
The PSA Certified 2022 Security Report is an annual barometer of industry perceptions and intentions around IoT security, now in its second year. Crypto Quantique is a partner of PSA certified, last year receiving certification as PSA certified Level 2 Ready for our QDID semiconductor IP. Crypto Quantique did not sponsor or pay for this report but we felt it is hugely beneficial for decision makers to optimise their knowledge of security.
Security Report Methodology
The report surveyed over 1,000 technology decision makers globally to understand more about their awareness and perceptions of PSA Certified, attitudes around IoT security, the barriers to implementation and the common industry needs and goals when it comes to IoT security.
– The core findings come from third-party research conducted among 1038 technology decision makers and consultants in the US, Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway) and APAC (China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan).
– The third-party research was conducted by Sapio Research in November 2021.
– 23% of respondents held C-suite/Executive level positions.
– 37% of respondents held Director/VP level positions.
– 41% of respondents held Manager level positions
Security Report key findings
- 90% of respondents have seen an increase in importance of IoT security over the last 12 months.
- 88% of respondents cited security as a top-three priority in their business.
- 83% look for specific security credentials when buying connected products as a consumer.
- 42% of those with security as a top 3 business priority rank building a ‘security-first culture’ as their top focus.
- 96% believe having security in their products goes beyond being “just a cost”, but instead positively impacts their bottom line.
- 69% cite being able to charge a premium for built-in security.
- Over half (52%) believe IoT security implementation makes people more likely to trust their products.
- 68% see trusted components (built on a Root of Trust) as essential options for creating secure devices.
Despite this, 59% use only internal validation of security implementations while just 31% are ‘very satisfied’ with the level of security expertise
Uncover why 2022 is the year of change for IoT security with QDID and the PSA Certified 2022 Report.